Meatloaf for Dogs
Meatloaf is a true family dinner classic that everyone can enjoy, including your furriest family member.
When making meatloaf for a dog, the recipe may be a bit different than you’re used to, as dogs have more dietary restrictions than their human counterparts. Here’s how to go about whipping up a meatloaf dinner for your dog:
- Choose a meat. Meatloaf is most commonly made with lean ground beef, but you may want to consider swapping it for turkey or chicken if your dog is slightly overweight.
- Mix 2 pounds of ground meat with 3 eggs and 2 cups of chopped vegetables. Be sure not to include onions, as they can be harmful to dogs.
- Add ¾ cup of fiber to the mix (flaxseed meal, wheat germ, cooked oats, etc.).
- Pour 1 cup of beef or chicken broth in and mix well.
- Put the loaf into a pan coated with nonstick spray and bake it for about an hour at 350°F.