Lots of people are doing keto these days, if the guys I know at the gym are any indication. That inspired me to make a keto meatloaf recipe that won’t kick you out of ketosis yet holds together and tastes as awesome as a regular meatloaf. This recipe for keto meatloaf tastes amazing and has my core group at the gym raving!
Best Keto Meatloaf Recipe
If you want the best keto meatloaf recipe that won’t crumble apart and is full of flavor, you’re in the right place. Made with keto-friendly ingredients, you’ll be able to have meatloaf tonight and any night while on the keto diet.
Ingredients for Keto Meatloaf
- Ground beef – Choose 90% lean/10% fat ratio.
- Egg – Get one large egg to bind this together.
- Almond flour – Here’s what’s going to keep your keto meatloaf intact. It should be blanched and finely ground.
- Parmesan cheese – Use grated parmesan, another binder that will add plenty of flavor.
- Ketchup – This essential meatloaf ingredient should be sugar-free or unsweetened to help you stick to keto.
- Garlic – Mince this so the flavors go through all your keto meatloaf.
- Seasonings – To give this plenty of flavor, you’ll need kosher salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and dried thyme.
- Fresh parsley – This will be your garnish, finely chopped on top.
Easy Keto Meatloaf Recipe
All it takes is 10 minutes to prepare this easy keto meatloaf recipe. It’s as simple as any other meatloaf. The hardest part is waiting for the oven to finish baking it!
How do you Make Keto Meatloaf from Scratch?
Start by setting your oven to 350F. Get your sheet pan or loaf pan ready, then mix the spices together in a large bowl. Add the meat, almond flour, and parmesan to that, then mix together again. Shape the meatloaf or put it in your loaf pan, then brush the top with keto-friendly ketchup. Bake for an hour (the center should reach 160F). Let it rest 15 minutes, then top with the chopped parsley, slice, and serve.
How to Cook Homemade Keto Friendly Meatloaf
Making homemade keto meatloaf is made in the oven just like you’d make any other type of meatloaf. All you do is combine everything, add it to the loaf pan, and bake.
Is meatloaf okay on the keto diet?
It is if you use the right keto-friendly ingredients like the almond flour and the unsweetened or sugar-free ketchup.
What can I use instead of breadcrumbs for keto meatloaf?
Blanched almond flour (finely ground) is the best way to keep a keto meatloaf together without ruining your keto diet.
Are panko crumbs keto friendly?
No, panko breadcrumbs will not work for the keto diet. They have too many carbs, plus they also have sugar.
What is the best filler for keto meatloaf?
The finely ground blanched almond flour is the best filler for keto meatloaf. Combined with the egg, it holds the meatloaf together, keeps it moist inside, and will keep you in ketosis.
What do you put in keto meatloaf to keep it from falling apart?
The secret to keeping keto meatloaf together is finely ground blanched almond flour along with an egg. This keeps you in ketosis without your meatloaf crumbling.
How do you make a juicy keto meatloaf?
Between the egg, ketchup, and garlic, these add plenty of moisture to your keto meatloaf, even with the almond flour.
Do you bake keto meatloaf covered or uncovered?
Bake your keto meatloaf uncovered so it browns on top. This will ensure the best possible texture and taste as well.
How long do you bake keto meatloaf?
At 350F, it will take about an hour to bake your keto meatloaf to perfection at an internal meatloaf temp of 160F. If you’re not sure, check the internal meatloaf temp with a meat thermometer to make sure it’s reached a temperature of 160F in the center.
What can I put on top of my keto meatloaf instead of ketchup?
If you don’t want to just use ketchup, make a glaze to go on top. You’ll use the keto-friendly ketchup with brown sweetener, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
What is keto meatloaf glaze made of?
In this recipe, you can simply use a keto-friendly ketchup on top. To make a glaze, you can take that same ketchup and add brown sweetener, garlic powder, pepper, salt, and Worcestershire sauce.
How do you make keto meatloaf glaze?
For this keto meatloaf recipe, I’ve just used a keto-friendly ketchup. If you want more of a traditional glaze, you can take that same ketchup and combine it with brown sweetener, garlic powder, pepper, salt, and Worcestershire sauce.
What goes well with keto meatloaf?
Try this keto meatloaf with bacon-wrapped asparagus, cauliflower mac n’ cheese, keto creamed spinach, parmesan green beans, broccoli and cheese, or bacon brussels spouts salad.
How to store leftover keto meatloaf?
When you’ve got leftover keto meatloaf, you’ll want to put it in the fridge when it’s cool. Either store it in an airtight container or wrap it with foil.
How long does keto meatloaf last?
For keto meatloaf, you should use the leftovers within 3 to 4 days, like you would with any type of meatloaf.
Can you freeze keto meatloaf?
Great idea! Freeze that keto meatloaf for another time. This will make dinner easier for you and the fam any time. Use it within 3 months though.
How to reheat keto meatloaf?
Set your oven to 250F, then put the meatloaf in a baking dish with a little water or broth. Cover it up and set your timer for about 25 to no more than 30 minutes. It should be nicely heated through and still juicy inside.
Watch How To Make Keto Meatloaf (Video)
Keto Meatloaf Recipe
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder (diced)
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/2 cup blanched finely ground almond flour
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 2 lbs lean ground beef (90% lean 10% fat)
- 1/4 cup ketchup (unsweetened or sugar-free)
- 2 tbsp parsley (finely chopped for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line a rimmed sheet pan with foil or grease a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the spices before adding in the ground beef, almond flour and parmesan cheese. Mix again with your hands or with a silicon spatula.
- Shape the meatloaf mixture into a traditional loaf shape onto your prepared baking sheet or press into your prepared loaf pan.
- Brush the top of the loaf with the ketchup. Bake for about an hour or until the center reaches 160F.
- Rest for about 15 minutes before slicing and serving.