This Italian-inspired meatloaf recipe is the perfect blend of hearty comfort and savory Italian flavors that will leave your taste buds craving more. Serve slices of this Italian meatloaf with your favorite sides, like creamy mashed potatoes, steamed vegetables, or a fresh green salad. You could also lean into the Italian flavor profile by serving it with tomato sauce. The blend of Italian herbs infuses the meatloaf with an irresistible taste that will transport your senses to the heart of Italy.
Italian Meatloaf Ingredients
- 1 ½ lbs. ground beef
- 1/2 lb. ground pork
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup roasted red peppers, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
Italian Meatloaf Instructions
- Preheat your oven to 375°F and grease your baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients and mix well until fully incorporated.
- Form the mixture into a loaf shape and place it in the greased baking pan.
- Bake for about 50 to 60 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F.
- Once cooked, let the meatloaf rest for a few minutes before slicing.