Cooking Meatloaf on a Traeger or Other Wood Pellet Grill
Cooking on a wood pellet grill lets you infuse your food with rich, smoky flavor, and just about any meat can taste better when cooked this way, including meatloaf. Next time you’re craving this delicious dish, don’t fire up the oven: Once you try cooking meatloaf on a Traeger or other wood pellet grill, you may never make it another way!
If you’re in a hurry, you can grill your meatloaf on a pellet grill just like you would on any other grill. But if you have the time, slow-smoking your meatloaf will take its flavor to the next level.
How to Cook Meatloaf on a Traeger
- Combine the ingredients for your favorite meatloaf recipe as you normally would.
- Add your wood pellets to the grill. Apple, hickory, and mesquite are particularly good choices.
- Set your grill to the right temperature: 350 degrees for grilling or 225 degrees for smoking.
- Form your meatloaf and place it on the grill to cook. If you’re grilling the loaf, it will take between 40 minutes and an hour; if you’re smoking it, plan on giving it two hours to cook.
- During the last 20 minutes of cooking, baste on your favorite glaze.
- When the inside of the meat reaches at least 160 degrees, pull it off of the grill and let it rest for a few minutes. Then, slice and serve.