How to Make Meatloaf With Oatmeal
Every meatloaf recipe includes some sort of binder to hold the loaf together, and often, this ingredient is breadcrumbs. But if you have a gluten intolerance issue or just don’t have any breadcrumbs in the house, you can also use oatmeal. Try this recipe the next time you have a craving for a delicious, hearty dinner!
What You Will Need
- 2 pounds ground beef, 90% lean
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 tbsp. garlic, minced
- 5 tbsp. ketchup
- ½ cup milk
- 4 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 3/4 cup uncooked quick oats
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tsp. vinegar
- 2 tbsp. light brown sugar
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Set the oven to 375° and grease a loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- Mix together the beef, eggs, ketchup, milk, garlic, parsley, onion, paprika, Italian seasoning, oats, salt, and pepper until combined.
- Put the meat into the loaf pan and bake it for 25 minutes.
- Mix together the sauce ingredients and baste the top of the loaf.
- Return the meatloaf to the oven for another 15 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.